We aim to offer the best visitor experience for all our guests. Below is a list of accessibility accommodations in our space. Please contact us at [email protected] if you have questions or specific needs.
- Ramp access throughout the Discovery Center
- Push-button door access at the main entrance and restrooms
- Wheelchair-accessible, single-user restroom on-site
- Two wheelchairs available
- Portable stools available throughout the galleries
- Drop-off area on Fifth Avenue next to the Discovery Center (in front of the Gates Foundation main entrance)
- Interactive, hands-on exhibits
- Interpretive staff available to demonstrate, describe, and answer questions
- Large-print, high-contrast handouts with exhibit text (coming soon)
- Hearing assistance devices available for our theater videos
- ASL interpreters upon request for group tours, school experiences, and public programs
- Closed captioning in permanent exhibit videos
- Primary exhibit text available in French, German, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, and Spanish
- Spanish-speaking staff on-site (subject to availability)
Events and public programs
Please request any special accommodations when you register for an event or program. We appreciate two weeks of advance notice.
We often feature traveling exhibits from other organizations and museums, and they typically include accessibility accommodations similar to our own.
Ideas or questions?
Have ideas for improving our accessibility accommodations or questions about our offerings? Contact us via email at [email protected].